2019 – Beyond 4.0 is a project in the European H2020 Work Programme (2018 – 2020) “Europe in a changing world – inclusive, innovative and reflective societies”.
Beyond 4.0 aims to help and deliver an inclusive European future by examining the impact of the new technologies on the future of jobs, business models and welfare. The project started January 2019.
The objectives of Beyond 4.0 are:
- value creation by companies
- education and training
- skill needs
- quality, content and distribution of work.
3. To identify policy options for:
- welfare policy (e.g. basic income)
- fiscal policy (e.g. robot taxes).
5. To bring new, scientific understanding into company strategies dealing with technological transformation.
- The summer school held in June 2019 in San Sebastian;
- an overview of activities in the first half year and plans for the coming months;
- Digital transformation: regional perspectives and prospects;
- the construction of a database with an EU cross-country panel to measure the socio-economic impact of technological transformation (WP3);
- a report about the implementation of AI and automation in the UK: People and Machines. A new Employer Survey.
Project coordinators are:
Prof. Dr. Steven Dhondt
Dr. Peter Oeij
The projects website: www.beyond4-0.eu/the-project
The first Newsletter: https://beyond4-0.eu/newsletters/
To subscribe for the Newsletter: https://emailoctopus.com/lists/a052f540-44d8-11e9-a3c9-06b79b628af2/forms/subscribe
Themes: Innovation and innovation capacity, Talent development